Windward Cove
modern supernatural rp
The rain...it was fitting. As the procession of people moved in solemn rows of black umbrellas over black suits and dresses, wet heels trying to evade puddles that were deep enough to consume the shallow souls of those left behind. Windward Cove was a town of skeleton crews and wreckage left behind from an unseen war no one could explain. Some claimed it was the plague that decimated their population, leaving behind only a third of the humans and less than that of the supernaturals.

Others knew it for what it was. A witch's curse, sent to punish a town who’d turned their back on her family. Bitter, Clementine Fallston returned to end the sickness infecting towns all over the world. Supernaturals. The witch used her powers for ‘good’ and had utilized a deadly amount of witchcraft in a curse so abhorrent it had purged the entire town of any supernatural presence.

Two witch covens, one pack of wolves, two vampire houses...and every lone creature who walked the wave ridden oceanside to the thick vegetation of forestry on the west...had fallen victim. Like a forest burned to the ground, the town of Windward Cove had been taken to its knees. Seemingly, abandoned and empty of a good amount of its population, the town turned sleepy. Nothing significant happened, everyone seemed to go about life in a form of shell shock that had no clear ending insight.

Leave town? Some did, others were too poor, to attached, or just to damn stubborn to give up on the dying town.

Perhaps it was those stubborn souls that drew in the interest, shining bright beacons of hope in a pool of inky despair. The Courts of the Fae nations looked upon Windward Cove with pity or curiosity, depending on who you asked. No place was as ripe for change as this place here. With a thriving sea on the east side and a lush forest on the west, the Fae saw potential where the rest of the world saw darkness.

It was three years since the devastating plague/curse had taken its toll, but something in the air changed. Life began to grow, a small smile here, a soft hum of music, a picture drawn and hung just right...and from little seeds of Fae inspiration grew a thriving town, filled with a variety of clubs, dance studios, music halls! Parks filled with poets and productions. Business’ began to thrive and attract attention. People lived again and the dark gloom of death began to rise from over their heads. It was not easy though, there were bouts of relapses into fear. Remnants of the witches spell activated here and there in places she had hidden pockets before dying. The Fae had trouble finding them and had no way of knowing how many existed, and so they did their best to continue to inspire those in the town. Although, some inspiration from the Fae was not all it was cracked up to be, some pushed to far eliciting manic personalities driven to succeed or crumbling under defeat and falling to the use of drugs. Some Fae inspired just to feed off of a human later. As in all things, the Fae were not all good or all bad.

As the town grew, so did interest from other supernatural creatures, drawn in by the Fae magic. Everyone knew if the Fae were involved or interested in a space, that place would flourish for the supernatural races.

So this is where we find our story...in the beginning of a new era, the possibilities endless, despite the towns recent history and threat of hidden spells popping up to claim a life here and there...even the supernaturals could not resist the promise held on the shores of Windward Cove.

Plot
July Site Event in Full Swing!

Welcome New Members!!

Brand new skin! Credits go to Monty, and any questions / comments / concerns can be sent her way.

Updates
Skin credits go to Monty @ Candyland Couture, Caution to the Wind, Shadowplay, and Shine. Cbox toggle credits go to hobgoblin @ CTTW, and code toggle credits go to Nicole @ CTTW.
Credits

Add Reply
New Poll

The Plot Thickens, Des/Dimitri
Kee
She/Her
Central
3/3/3
“Please, do not touch this. It is mine and I will have your fingers if you do this.” His tone was congenial but the warning was in his fierce blue gaze. The glass of wine was flavored with a Fae he had enslaved and a werewolf he ensnared, a heady mixture to be sure and one from his private stock. Dimitri enjoyed blending concoctions of blood, giving himself just enough to keep his body used to them. It would never do to lose control over the lust of a particular brand of blood. Like his Fledgling, Dimitri Pertov valued control, respected it, demanded it. He had travelled from Russia before Maggie had arrived back home and leaving no word of his intended travel, all the insipid werewolf could tell Liam was that he was traveling. It amused him to come here, just outside of their purview to dance around the edges of their lives. Dimitri had settled into a townhouse in Georgetown, finding DC a close enough city to manage his intentions. To simply show up to Windward Cove was not something Dimitri planned to do. Instead, he would watch them from here, learning more than he could from afar. Russia was far behind him and moving his family enmasse would only alert Liam. He wanted to surprise his family in Windward Cove, after all. Sitting in a lounge downtown, Dimitri was near the window at a table that looked out on the busy streets. It had not taken long to snag a female from Windward to be his victim. Having done his research, this particular one was rather interesting to him and while he could have chosen someone more predictable, he was curious all on his own about the vivacious trouble maker. Desdemona had been contacted by a shell company he owned for a job offer. She was in sales and so he went with marketing, hoping the level up opportunity would dissuade her. On top of that, they had offered her a weekend in Georgetown to meet with ‘the Boss’ and he hoped to take it from there. The mixture of wine was lifted, brought across his nose, indulged silently before he took a deep drink of the sweet concoction. The waiter had been dismissed, his personal bottle on the table as well as a photo of the female he was waiting on. Not that he would need it out, he would not forget the wild look in this female’s gaze. Calm, relaxed, Dimitri set the glass down as the door swung inwards. Casting his dark gaze upwards, he spotted her and waited until she looked at him before standing slowly, that charming smile slipping over his lips. “Miss. Henry, I presume. I am Dimitri Petrov...I have been eagerly waiting for this meeting.” His accent was clear, he did not hide it. In this town where diplomats were aplenty, he fit in more than he expected. Hand out, the born vampire lifted his gaze to her own. Come here darling, let me see those wild eyes for myself.
status Single
sexuality
Pansexual
occupation
Imports & Exports
pronouns
He/Him
trait
Calculating
trait
Driven
Lone Vampire
Quote Permalink Jul 7 2018, 11:03 AM
Sass
She/Her
Pacific
3/3/3
I wanna be alone-- alone with you, does that make sense? I wanna steal your soul and hide you in my treasure chest.
It wasn't exactly like Des was looking for another job. She was perfectly comfortable where she was now, actually. She didn't have to work very hard at what she did, and as long as she put some semblance of an effort into reaching her sales goals, they let her get away with murder. It was a little dysfunctional, but Desdemona's work wasn't a bad gig. She hated her manager, but the higher-ups weren't so bad, and the life it had provided her was certainly one to be thankful for. She wasn't rolling in money, but the key point was she wasn't broke, and she spent a large portion of her weekdays simply talking to people. Schmoozing, going out to lunch, stopping by offices-- It suited her need to always be on the go. So yeah, she liked her job. It didn't mean she wouldn't look around if there wasn't another offer on the table. Des was pretty sure not much was going to come out of this interview. She wasn't even quite sure how they even found her, since her Linked In account hadn't been touched in three years. But if someone offers you a free weekend getaway with the promise of a better job, then you'd be pretty stupid not to take it. That was the reasoning she used, anyways, to accept the offer to fly her out for a meeting. She didn't know what to expect, so she decided to kill it in a teal blazer with some sleek black slacks that tapered to her ankles like a skinny-jean fit. She had her lime-yellow pointed Jimmy Choos for good luck, enjoying the way they clacked lightly against the clean marble of the floor as she walked up to the host stand of the elegant lounge. "Ms. Henry, looking for Mr. Petrov," she smiled brightly at the hostess, who informed her he was already there, waiting, and gestured to a table near the window with quite an informative view of downtown. It was a good choice; one she would have made herself with the options of tables. Cerulean eyes zeroed in on the man that rose from the table as she made her way over, conscious of some sort of driving intensity underneath the poised smile he gave her. She was always quick to pick up on energies, and something about his held this intoxicating sort of intrigue. Des spent a lot of time around powerful people, but few of them exuded it the way this man did. It should have been alarming, but it only nudged Des to feel a little more curious. He introduced himself and she shook his hand with a good grip and smiled brightly in return, just like Rose Louise always taught her. "Desdemona Henry, it's so nice to meet you," she said earnestly, "Thank you for the trip out, I've never been to DC before." She'd never really had a reason. "Although, I'm still not clear," she confessed as she lowered herself into a chair across from him, crossing a leg over her knee, "The woman on the phone never told me how you had found me; I'm curious." That would be Des' final last words one day, that she was curious. She eyed the bottle that was set in front of him, the glass that was filled with wine so dark she had a hard time believing it was even a Bordeaux. Her eyes met his again, and she offered a shrug and settled her hands in her lap. "I've got to confess, I'm not sure what to expect from all this." She had a wonderful knack at offering small glimpses of vulnerability in an awfully charming way. Even if it was basically just to tell him she didn't know what the hell she was doing there.
status Single
sexuality
Heterosexual
occupation
Sales
pronouns
She/Her
trait
Daring
trait
Trouble
Lone Fae
Quote Permalink Jul 8 2018, 09:19 PM
Kee
She/Her
Central
3/3/3
It was a risk he had taken, utilizing the allure of a better job. Depending on a person's personal motivations, it could go wrong so many ways. Dimitri had picked what motivated most people and gone with it. Money was a powerful advantage to everyone, it opened doors, fed stomachs and be it a pay raise or just enough to make the bills. Money, no matter how small or large, motivated. One did not want to promise too much, or it looked too good. People did not tend to believe they were worth much. None of it mattered though right now, did it? She was here and that was all he needed at the moment. Dimitri was attentive in his perusal of her attire. The classy casual look making it seem as if she did this sort of thing all the time. Just another illusion, like the smile on her face or the play of her words. Dimitri let go of her hand after a small squeeze, his hand falling back to the table as he returned to his seat. Did she already know his Amber? The fledgling he loved so well, Liam? He could not be sure and so leaned back as she spoke of her curiosity. What a damnable trait to have. A slow smile lifted his expression as the predatory gaze swept over her expression. “It is nice to meet you as well. I have been looking forward to this meeting.” He replied, the energy off her was no human and after a moment he identified it. Fae. How well this was already going. His mind recalculated, shifted plans midway through his sentence. “Research, of course.” Dimitri answered with all honestly as his hands folded in front of him, the wine forgotten for the moment. “Would you like a glass?” Not of his of course, he hardly planned to get her a drink at all. Perhaps he’d have her himself before sending her along? Ice cold blue eyes met hers as she met his gaze with her last question. “Yes, let’s get the preliminaries out of the way, shall we?” Dimitri was not one to waste time or effort. Leaning forward, his gaze darkened and the cold compulsion slid outwards as his lips parted for him to speak. “Now then, pretty girl. I have a job for you and you will do it until I am finished with you. You will scurry back to that tiny pinprick of a town, Windward Cove and insinuate yourself into Liam and Amber Every’s lives. I do not care if you work for them, if you befriend them. No, actually I do...you will get them addicted to your fae blood and feed them. You will call me or come to me when I ask to give me any information on them. I want to know where they are working, who they are speaking with, befriending, and what they are saying.” He spoke, maintaining eye contact with the little fae. “Become their pet, entertain them, report back to me. You will not say or write what has happened here, in fact until you hear my voice again or see me, you will not even remember our meeting here.” He smiled, the gesture barely touching his eyes. It was his specialty, this compulsion. Why convince when you can compel. He did not like to waste time, money, or effort. “Now, come here and sit on my lap so I can taste you.” The last of his compulsion given as he beckoned her forward. He’d take her blood in the window for all the city to see and they’d still not understand what was happening before them all. Humans, blind goats, the lot of them.
status Single
sexuality
Pansexual
occupation
Imports & Exports
pronouns
He/Him
trait
Calculating
trait
Driven
Lone Vampire
Quote Permalink Jul 9 2018, 08:02 AM
Sass
She/Her
Pacific
3/3/3
I wanna be alone-- alone with you, does that make sense? I wanna steal your soul and hide you in my treasure chest.
His answer to her question had Desdemona tilting her chin so her head shifted to the side as she considered his answer. Research? That had to be some deep research. She supposed she was doing fairly well for the company she currently worked for, though. They'd started really making their mark on the rest of New England, and Des had played a small hand in that, hadn't she? She was still trying to make sense of his vague answer when he offered her wine. She eyed his own glass and considered, but ultimately shook her head slightly. "Thanks, I'm okay for now." It was a rare moment, declining a drink, especially in a business setting where it was implied. Something told her she needed to be a little more on her game than she initially thought, and she idea of indulging in something with alcohol made her just a touch nervous. His eyes were that piercing kind of blue that had her suddenly self-conscious that he might be reading her thoughts. It was true, the way he looked at her made her feel as though he could see right through whatever boundary or wall she's created to protect herself from others. Normally, it was Des' penetrating others' comfort zones, so to be on the receiving end was jarring, to say the least. Still, she kept her expression serene and mildly interested despite the rich, magnetic gaze that pounded down on her as he suggested they get straight to the point. Desdemona appreciated it; she felt as uncertain as it was, and she'd rather have all the information to consider. Something warm seeped into her senses, like the soft cotton of a knitted blanket, or the curl of a lover's smile against her cheek. Whatever it was, what he said next had her listening with an alert attention she rarely gave. Every. She felt the names shiver through her with a sort of impressive familiarity, boring into her mind with images to associate the name. Her blood was the motivating factor, she felt that, almost consciously aware of the way it pulsed through her as he designated instructions. Her wide, bright eyes were dilated and she stayed motionless, unable to break away from that feeling of comfort she got as she returned his gaze. It was like coming home. "Okay," was the soft, simple answer to all of his requests. She felt a burning in the pit of her stomach, some strange drive that fueled her need to abide, to give him what he wanted. She found herself leaning forward, just slightly, suddenly inspired. She was going to make new friends, Amber and Liam, and she was going to provide, engage, entertain. She was going to watch over them, like a shadow, and she couldn't wait to do it. Something about his final demand had her rising without a thought, her suddenly impulsive nature lighting a fire in that pretty face of hers, her heart pounding in her chest. She wouldn't know it now, but the way he looked at her then made her consciously aware of her mortality, her vulnerability as she sauntered towards him, her own gaze swirling with a lot of feeling, yearning she hadn't felt often. She paused, turning her back to him as she pulled her long, wavy blonde locks to one side of her shoulder, thick dark lashes revealing only parts of those vivid blue eyes as she took him in with the corner of her vision, tilting her head away from him to expose the pale column of her neck that was at his disposal.
status Single
sexuality
Heterosexual
occupation
Sales
pronouns
She/Her
trait
Daring
trait
Trouble
Lone Fae
Quote Permalink Jul 9 2018, 08:19 PM
Kee
She/Her
Central
3/3/3
The denial of the wine made little difference to him, he would have his drink this evening and that was all that mattered. Her desires did not, her preferences were mere suggestions he choose to ignore this evening. Desdemona was simply a pawn he would use as he saw fit and perhaps, if she did her job well, she would have the reward of his pleasure. The first in his plans, he did find her special in her own way. Such a silly bit of a girl. She had no idea who she was, what she was, he was amused with this. Intent gaze swam over her as his power entrapt her, fed her the tasks like small bits of bread. He felt no guilt in stealing away the girl’s will, nor giving her a task that may disrupt her life. As she stood, he leaned back in his chair and maintained eye contact with her. “You didn’t want this job but you made plans to see me again in a few weeks, you will call me next week, excited to hear my voice.” The last bits offered as her body lowered into his lap. The obedience, regardless if he had compelled it, excited him and his hands curled around her hips as she smoothed aside the straw colored hair. The skin along her neck was smooth, unmarked, and his finger moved up and stroked the throbbing pulse. “Hmm…” he leaned in, breathing in the scent of her skin and blood as one would a glass of wine. The hand on her hip tightened, almost bruising in its hold as he growled softly against her skin. “Go on little dove...fly back home..” Dimitri whispered in her ear, deciding against taking from her. Befuddled thoughts would weaken him and while she was tempting, he had a goal. Perhaps he would later, when they were in a less public place. “Play nice with my family... “ the flick of his tongue touched along the vein and he pushed out a rush of breath as he moved back from her neck. Loosening his hands, he guided her hips up off his lap as he stood. Hovering over her, her body still in the shadow of his, he smiled at her. “I cannot wait to speak with you again..” Picking up as if they had decided to meet again later for a less formal reason, he gave a short bow and waved his hand for her to depart.
status Single
sexuality
Pansexual
occupation
Imports & Exports
pronouns
He/Him
trait
Calculating
trait
Driven
Lone Vampire
Quote Permalink Jul 10 2018, 07:53 AM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D Candyland Couture Caution to the Wind Shadowplay Rockin Roleplay Six Crosses Devil's Tattoo esoteric obscura Garden of Bones OSH
Skinned by Monty at CC, CTTW, Shine, and SP